Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back to the basics

With yoga that is. I have been practicing yoga almost daily for a few months now. I started out with the goal of healing my diastasis recti, but as I learned more about yoga I started doing more. I became obsessed with conquering some pretty advanced poses. I can do any beginners pose, almost all intermediate, and even a few advanced poses. But, because I neglected my core to do these cool guru poses my diastasis has gotten worse. Well at least I think so. Initially after about a month of yoga, I could feel the difference in my diastasis. I went from a 4-5 finger split to only 3 fingers :) But the more I played around with being a goru, I neglected my core. Things didn't start to click until i started having mid-lower back pain. Well, its more like I feel like my back is really tense and tight. When I attempt to bend over front or backwards, my back aches like crazy. Now, I am not 100% sure that this pain is a result of my weak core or something else.... but I'd bet money that its because my core is weak.

No worries though, I have decided to challenge myself to completing at least 10 minutes of core yoga every day for 30 days. I initially wanted to do 30 minutes of yoga daily for 30 days, but I have to be realistic. I have been doing yoga almost daily, but at 5-10 minute increments. It is also more important to me to get my core in shape than to conquer poses. I know it takes time to be a yoga guru, so I don't know why I thought I would be one overnight, lol

Anyways, thats all I've got for today. I really hope the slacker in me won't interfere with my challenge....

No comments: