Sunday, February 12, 2012

What a week!

This is has been a very stressful week for me. To start, I had the meeting at work with the Magnet Apprasiers Tuesday, this was the same day I got a phone call that my grandmom had some bleeding in her head. She was at one hospital and would be transferred to the hospital where I work. I knew instantly that she would need surgery, but wasn't too worried because I trust the hospital and knew she would be in good hands. I also didn't have all the details, so I was thinking that things may not be as bad as it initially appeared. I attend my meeting with all this on my mind and the meeting went well. I wasn't as shy as I thought Id be and I was the first one to answer a question..... After the meeting I arrive to my unit to let everyone know that my grand mom is in surgery,i then leave to sit with my grand pop in the waiting room

Now, I have to be honest and say that I have not been the best grandchild. I hadn't seen my grandparents in a very long time and we live in the same city. Communication with them has been pretty much been nonexistent. I won't get into reasons, because that doesn't even matter now. I do feel terrible that I let petty issues keep me away and I really feel like if I had been involved she may not be in the situation she is in now.... but that too is another story.

Anyways, My grand mom basically went from walking into a hospital breathing on her own, to having a trach and not being able to move one side of her body. Its very difficult to see, but I know that God is a healer and he is able. I also know that she is receiving the best care. The trach won't be permanent, but its such a change. I can't believe she has to have one.

This whole situation as bad as it is, has opened my eyes and my heart. I am learning that I have to make time for all my loved ones, forget the past, and forget past feelings. I also have to dig into my faith and realize that God is able and I shouldn't worry as much as I do.

Oh yeah, as we all know Whitney Houston died last night......

My best friend also had to go to the ER because she fell and hit her head. Thank GOd she had a cat scan and she is ok!

In the midst of it all, I am thankful! I know things could be so much worse.

No comments: