Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feedin' the fam'

Stresses me out sometimes. It really shouldn't because my husband doesn't complain and could care less what we eat. My kids are a bit tough but what kid isn't? I think most of my stress comes from my disgust with meat and my hobby of trying new recipes. My family doesn't really like anything too out of the ordinary, but I have fallen in love with trying new recipes. I am in the process of working up a few recipes I know that everyone will eat. My biggest challenge is that I don't like red meat or pork. Especially red meat, it just grosses me out. I love seafood and could eat tilapia and shrimp almost everyday. Chicken is ok in my book, but it gets used so much that you kinda get tired of it. anyways heres a list of the things the fam likes
-pasta mostly red sauce based but I have experimented with cream based and they enjoyed. I usually try to add meat and vegetables
-pizza
-fried chicken/pork chops this doesn't happen often lol. i like skillet or baked dishes because you don't have to "watch: them lol
-meatloaf quick and easy.
jerk chicken has become popular. its so easy, most of the time i bake it
heres a few meals that never disappoint
spaghetti with italian sausage and spinach
meatloaf mashed potatoes peas
pork chops, rice
garlic chicken with yellow rice

shrimp alfreado

so I guess its not so bad. I want to be able to cook at least 3 nights a week. I think I need to do what works initially to meet my little goal and then I could start to incorporate my new recipes.

Im not really sure what the point of this post was for you all that read. I kinda needed to vent and also organize my thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good post! My friend and I talk about this all the time. You seem to have it easier than me though. No one in our house likes the same food so I often feel like a short order cookmaking two-three different meals!And I echo your sentiments about meat--there is something repulsive about eating things that bleed! I love seafood though but I am the only one who does in our household. And chicken is so commonplace!But I do have a fab recipe for Panera's lemon chicken orzo soup which is so good and easy! I use my crock pot when I am feeling low maintenance. We'll have to trade reipes sometimes!