Sunday, May 22, 2011

Locs?

I know this will be a shocker for most, because I dont think I have ever mentioned this but...... I had/have a serious obsession/ love for locs. It has grown stronger over the past few days and today I decided to give it a go. I am not 100% sure this is what I want but I want it enough to give it a try.
I spent this day two strand twisting my hair, I did the twist smaller than I ever had and I used a comb for parting(something I never do) I told my husband yesterday that I was thinking about getting locs and he smiled and said " I knew you would eventually" he thought that my whole " natural" journey was to loc my hair, lol. That wasn't my intention, but I am glad he was accepting. As I write this I am trying to think of reasons that I don't want locs and there aren't many. I am happy I took the first step in the process. I know y'all prob think I'm crazy and am going in to the blindly but I have spent hours over the past few days stalking youtube loc wearers and bloggers. Even before I decided to loc I had been subscribed to a few ladies with locs.
Basically I want my hair locked because I think it's the best decision regarding hair for my lifestyle. I hate detangling and combing my hair even thought has gotten easier. I also love twist, as you can see that was the main style I wore. Even though I love twist outs , wash n gos, buns, and such I just don't have the patience for it. Yes it looks pretty, but I feel like you still have to style it everyday and I don't want to do that. I also don't like to worry about my hair getting ruined if it rains or if it's humid. This is one of the reasons I went natural! I just want to get up and go and if throughout the day I experience crazy weather, I won't have to worry about my hair.
I'm so excited for what's to come, I can't wait to see how long it takes my hair to loc, im hoping less than 6 months. I really hope to see some awesome growth, I really think my hair is secretly thanking me :)

1 comment:

LaNeshe said...

Good luck with the locs! :-)