Sunday, November 18, 2012

Homemade thin mints



Could it be true? I love girl scouts thin mints. Lucky for me, I have a handful of coworkers with daughters that have been selling them every year for the past few years :) I came across an amazingwebsite/blog while on one of my gluten free recipe searches.


I forgot to buy peppermint extract and needed andis peppermint for another recipe, so I just improvised. I melted the chocolate and peppermint together and all was well. I also didn't have parchment paper, so I used foil coated with vegetable oil. Surprisingly, the cookies didn't stick, didn't taste like oil, and weren't too messy lol. I can't lie, the chocolate did melt in my hands a little.

 

Anyways this recipe took about 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cool. I'm about to go use up the rest of my ritz crackers to make another batch lol

 

No comments: