Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What were we doing 10 years ago?

The other night I was randomly thinking how much time I spend on Facebook, instagram, etc. I am a big tech, Internet, social media junkie, but it's consuming my life. The first thing I do in the morning is check Facebook and instagram smh I know. I take my phone in the bathroom with me, I eat holding my phone in one hand lol. It's just becoming too much. All of these social media outlets kinda make you obsessive. I am also finding that I constantly compare myself to others and sometimes get jealous if I see a status about something I want. Again smh, NOT Normal! But I won't put all the blame on myself, these apps make you becomes this way. Why do we need constant updates of each others lives???? Lol

Back to the point of this post, the other night I was trying to remember how I occupied my free time 10 years ago. Now, I did have a cell phone and computer then but there weren't apps like today. 10 years ago I actually held conversations with people, read actual books, had face to face contact. I am already anti social and these times have just made it worse. I dont even want to talk on the phone because my addiction to cyber stalkIng is calling, I need to take 50 photos of myself and upload them, then I must contantly check my phone to see how many likes and comments I get lol

Craziness, I know! So we are all wondering what am I gonna do to get myself out of this mess? I can't just go cold turkey! I thought about deleting all social media apps from my phone for a week, I thought about disabling my accounts, I thought about locking my phone in my car.. I'm not sure how I'm gonna become "normal" but I am going to.

 

No comments: