Monday, July 25, 2011

C25k and Breast Ca 5k

completed day 1 last night. I must say it was cool. I am so proud I actually completed it. It was challenging but not unbearable. I used the lite program and it was fine, I didnt listen to music for a couple reasons. no music def made the run seem long, but it gave me time to just have a clear head. so often I say I need to able to just not have any thoughts running through my mind and for once I was able to do just that. I also had to do without music because it was 830pm when I was running and it was getting dark, smh. there were other runners out but not enough for me to really feel safe. I look forward to my next training day even though it wont be until thursday.

Also, I am happy to say that I am just minutes away from registering for the breast ca walk/5k in october. Im a little torn because I really want to be able to do the 5k, but so far everyone who has decided to join me wants to walk. thats cool, it will be fun to walk with the gals. But when I first got the thought to do the run, I wanted to be able to do just that, run. Anyways, I will probably walk because I want to be with those that agreed to join me. Either way, I will be supporting and great cause and doing something great for my health

1 comment:

Shanita said...

I just may start running again myself. If so, I'll run it with you. I'm going to have to look at the program again. Maybe I can do the training 3 days a week and Insanity the other 3.